vrijdag 5 september 2008

Jungfrau Marathon






Honestly looking back on this afternoon I couldn't say if it was good or bad but it sure was an experience! Let me tell you. In the beginning of the week my sister in law asked me if Melanie would like to run in the jungfrau childrens run on friday. They have this run every year de day before the big Jungfrau Marathon! So asking Mellie she said she would. So this afternoon I we were ready to start. Melanie had her number and shoes on when she said she changed her mind and doesn't want to run! My thought... , oh noooo!! But we went to the start anyway. My brother in law stook her to the start where they did a warm up and she loved that! Suddendly it all looked a lot better! Then the start! All the kids started running and so did Mellie. All still looked good but before we knew it she turned around an ran right back!!!! Right in the arms of her uncle! Funny little girl!
When Melanie's cousins where finished with their race we went to the playground! There was this great blow up slide where lots of kids were standing in line for. Melanie and Martin really wanted to go on the slide! I wasn't sure about that because it was a really high and big slide! The kids told me that it would be fine. When I was looking at all the little kids that came down, I got more confidend that my kids would come down aswell because there was no kid that refused to go down once they were up there. That was untill my kids went up. Martin just liked it so much up there that he decided to start to play up there. Melanie looked down and gave me this scared 'I am not going down there' look and I knew we were in trouble! Luckly one of the slide assistends went up there and took my kids down!
But at the end of the day everything ended well, the kids were safely down and Melanie got a medaille anyway for bringing back the chip that they use to time her race.

2 opmerkingen:

Helen zei

Hahahah...sounds just like my two!! You can only try. But we mothers stand their worrying the whole time...will she run? will they go down? LOL....but I though she liked roller coasters?

Nancy zei

at least they got that far! it's a start, pretty soon you won't be able to stop them!